Why become a member? You might think it’s to make money, but for many of us it’s a way to give back to the community, to help build successful companies and to participate in the satisfaction that comes from this involvement. And we hope to make money, too. Membership in the Tech Coast Angels is by invitation and is extended to individuals who share our vision and will actively contribute to our process. Each member is:
- An accredited investor
- Proven and has a track record managing and building successful companies either as an entrepreneur or operating executive
- Experienced in angel investing, leading due diligence, structuring investments, and coaching entrepreneurs
- Knowledgeable and brings an extensive peer network of domain expertise
- Connected with contacts for subsequent funding, talent and technology
- Involved and dedicating significant time and effort to TCA activities, including attendance at dinner meetings and screening sessions, mentoring entrepreneurs and serving on TCA committees
- Expect to invest in at least two TCA startups each year. The Tech Coast Angels look for investment opportunities where new capital and mentoring will take companies to the next level. TCA intends to materially increase company valuations to result in future capital rounds at increased values and ultimately an attractive exit of our investment.